We spent a long time learning, researching and training before we even got our first breeding pomskies because we wanted to raise healthy dogs for families. We work hard to make sure each pup is well-socialized with people and other dogs. We also ensure each puppy has had a thumbs-up health check from a licensed vet, has been dewormed, a clear fecal exam, microchipped, and their first set of puppy shots. As such, we guarantee your puppy is in good health at the time of adoption. It is crucial that you continue your new puppy’s vaccinations and worming to keep them as healthy as possible. We highly recommend keeping pet insurance, and by doing this you get our 2 year health guarantee on genetic diseases as long as the pet insurance doesn’t have gaps in coverage during those years. To start you off, we do send each pup home with a free month of Trupanion pet insurance (some exceptions for those in Florida or New York).
We try to be as upfront and open about every aspect of our dogs and puppies, from their genetic tests, to estimated size and coloring, as well as sharing their temperament as honestly as possible with photos and videos. As with any breed, there is no 100% guarantee that their size, color or even their personality won’t change or be different as they grow. As with all dogs, a lot of their behavior and success in a family will depend on their environment and how well their consistently trained. As such, we cannot guarantee these aspects when they’re grown, as it’s impossible to know for certain.
We are so confident in the health of our puppies, that we offer all our puppies a 2 year health guarantee for genetic diseases or ailments as long as you carry pet insurance during that time. If, within those first 2 years of life, a licensed veterinarian finds that your puppy has a life threatening genetic illness that cannot be controlled by medication or corrective procedure, we will replace your puppy with a new one. The new puppy will be of the same breed and value from the next litter available. The original puppy must be returned to us to receive your replacement puppy.
We will always disclose any known illnesses or health issues prior to adoption.
A few things to note about our guarantee:
- The Buyer will get and maintain pet insurance for the dog, and will not allow gaps in coverage during those 2 years.
- The Buyer will take their puppy to a licensed veterinarian within 72 hours of adopting their puppy and provide the documentation to us. Not doing so will result in an invalid health guarantee.
- If a female has been bred, the guarantee is void (keep in mind all our puppies come with a STRICT spay/neuter agreement, unless otherwise arranged prior to purchase)
- If you refuse to return the original puppy, you release us from any and all medical liability claims.
- Medication or surgeries for illnesses common in the breed – or conditions that may be a result of their care, treatment, or environment after leaving our home – will not be covered. Such cases include, but are not limited to: Patellar Luxation, Kennel Cough, umbilical hernias, colds, allergies, or internal/external parasites.
- The guarantee is non-transferable.
- Does not cover health issues caused by neglect or injury after they have left our possession, such as over-exercise, over or under feeding, etc.
- You must maintain all regular veterinary check-ups and vaccinations, monthly heartworm medication, as well as other normal, regular veterinary services, for the 2 years from a licensed veterinarian or the guarantee is void.
- Accidental death or accidental abnormalities are not covered.
- We are not responsible for any vet expenses on returned/replaced puppies.
By submitting an application and deposit, you state that you have read and understand the above details regarding the health guarantee for your new puppy. You agree to abide by the guidelines above in order to keep this health guarantee valid for the 2 year period.